Helping students stay healthy
Medical services at our school-based health centers are offered during the school year to students registered as school-based patients by a nurse practitioner or physician assistant at the school-based health center. Students can get the same comprehensive medical services in one of our school-based health centers as they would receive at a traditional primary medical care clinic. Find a school-based health center.
We can coordinate care with your primary care medical provider, or help you connect with a primary care provider if you do not have one. When school is not in session, school-based health center patients are welcome at our other Neighborcare Health clinics.
Medical services include:
- Same-day treatment of injuries and illnesses, such as ankle sprain or sore throat
- Well-child check-ups
- Sports physicals
- ADHD evaluation and treatment
- Health education
- Help with ongoing/chronic health conditions, such as asthma
- Age-appropriate reproductive health care
- Medication prescriptions (some can be filled on site at the school-based health center)