Well child visits are important, even when children are healthy. Wellness visits with a primary care provider are important to monitor your child’s general health, growth and development. These visits are also a chance for parents to ask questions or talk about any wellness concerns.
We recommend regular well-child visits with a medical provider to:
- Monitor how your child is growing
- Get vaccinations children and teens need
- Catch any health issues before they become a problem
- Ensure your child’s good health
With the help of regular well child visits, your child’s primary care provider can often detect and address health problems before they become more serious.
Babies and toddlers
- During the first two years of life, we recommend that infants and toddlers get check-ups at 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24 and 30 months old.
Children and teens
- Children ages 3 (36 months) to 18 should get a wellness checkup once a year around their birthday.
Language interpretation is provided in Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese, and most other languages. Call 206-548-5710 to make an appointment.
We also offer services for students at our school-based health centers in Seattle and Vashon Island schools. Find a school-based health center.