Apple Health insurance renewals
Update your contact information for your Apple Health/Medicaid coverage today.
Renewals notifications are now being sent
For the last three years of the COVID-19 pandemic, patients were not required to re-enroll and confirm their eligibility for Apple Health/Medicaid. On April 1, 2023, the Health Care Authority (HCA) began the recertification process for Apple Health/Medicaid patients, again. If you have Apple Health/Medicaid insurance, you will receive a renewal notice from the Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) or your managed care plan sometime before April 2024, depending on your renewal date.
Patients may lose insurance coverage if:
- You miss notices because your contact info is not up to date with your managed care plan or Washington Healthplanfinder
- You do not submit a renewal form
- Your income is over the guidelines for Apple Health and you no longer qualify
If you need assistance, please visit our Insurance Assistance page for information on making an appointment with one of our eligibility specialists. They can help you renew your coverage or look for affordable insurance options if you are no longer eligible for Apple Health/Medicaid.
Update your Apple Health/Medicaid contact information one of the following ways:
- If you are enrolled in managed care, contact your plan:
- Amerigroup: 1-800-600-4441
- Community Health Plan of Washington: 1-800-440-1561
- Coordinated Care: 1-877-644-4613
- Molina: 1-800-869-7165
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-877-542-8997
- Login to your Washington Healthplanfinder account at Washington Healthplanfinder
- Call Washington Healthplanfinder at 1-855-923-4633
- Email email@example.com with your name, date of birth, and updated information
Read more about changes with the end of the COVID-19 public health emergency and Apple Health:
Be aware of Medicaid renewal scams
Washington has received reports of fake texts and phone calls to Medicaid clients about renewing their Apple Health coverage.
The HCA will never ask you for money to enroll or re-enroll in Apple Health coverage.
Do not share banking or credit card information with anyone claiming to be from HCA or Apple Health. If you receive a phone call or text message you think is a scam, hang up and report this to Apple Health customer service at 1-800-562-3022.
Changes to the cost of COVID-19 care
The federal funding that was used to provide health care organizations and individuals with COVID-19 tests and vaccines, and to reimburse clinics and hospitals for the cost of COVID-19 care for uninsured patients, is running out.
Beginning July 1, 2023, all COVID-19 services will be treated as routine care at Neighborcare, like other illnesses. Costs for patients will depend on their insurance coverage. As always, patients who need help covering costs can apply for our sliding fee discount program, which is based on household size and income. No one will be turned away for services if you have trouble paying for your care.
We're in Your Neighborhood
With nearly 30 neighborhood medical, dental and school-based clinics in Seattle and on Vashon, we're here for you.