We are happy to share that progress has been made against the COVID-19 pandemic and we are preparing to gradually welcome patients back to our dental clinics for regular and preventive care. Starting May 19, we began calling patients to reschedule dental appointments that were postponed due to COVID-19, at our Rainier Beach, Meridian and Providence St. Peter Hospital dental clinics.
Limited appointments and services
During Phase 1, we will have limited appointments and will be unable to perform some procedures in order to address safety concerns and ensure that we have enough personal protective equipment (PPE) available to keep staff and patients safe. We regret that we will not be able to offer routine and preventive dental services for new patients at this time.
We will continue to provide emergency dental care for anyone in need. For patients with a denture or partial denture currently in progress, we are working with our dental labs to determine when we can continue care based on their re-opening. We will call patients as soon as we are able to resume denture care.
We look forward to seeing you soon
We know that Neighborcare plays an important role in the health of our patients, and that delaying preventive dental care has been a hardship. This has been a difficult and frustrating time for all of us. We value that you trust us with your health care, and are eager to welcome all our patients back soon for dental care through this gradual and safe reopening.
Emergency dental care
If you are having a dental emergency, please call our Meridian or Rainier Beach clinics in Seattle, or Providence St. Peter Hospital dental clinic in Olympia to schedule a phone consultation with a dentist BEFORE coming to a clinic. Please do not walk into a clinic. You do not need to be a Neighborcare Health patient to receive emergency dental care.
Staff and patient safety
Our goal is to reopen dental services while also creating the safest possible environment to protect patients and staff. We will continue to follow safety recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Safety measures include:
- Patient screening - All patients scheduled during this time will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms during scheduling and at check-in and have their temperature taken prior to their appointment. If they have any symptoms or have a fever, they will be asked to reschedule.
- Patient and visitor hygiene – All patients and visitors will be asked to bring and wear a cloth face covering and to practice hand hygiene provided in the clinic when they arrive for their appointment. All patients will be asked to perform a pre-procedural rinse at the start of the dental appointment.
- Limited appointments - Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients and to allow us to properly disinfect our clinic and treatment rooms between patients. There will also be limits on types of procedures we are able to offer in order to ensure we have enough PPE available to provide necessary care for our community.
- Limited visitors - Patients are strongly encouraged to come alone to their appointment to limit the number of people in the clinic. Minors or other patients requiring assistance will be allowed one visitor. Visitors will be also be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and fever.
- Employee screening - All Neighborcare Health employees are completing a COVID-19 screening and temperature check upon entry into the clinic at the start of their work shift.
- Increased sanitation protocols - Although strict sterilization protocols have always been part of our dental practice, we continue to wipe down common surfaces every hour to keep our patients safe.
Your health is important to us. We hope to reopen additional dental sites and offer our full range of services very soon so we can continue to help you meet your health goals. All patients who need dental care can call a clinic to make an appointment, or to discuss any concerns or questions.